Details on the program of the specialized Master (90 ECTS):
- 60 ECTS of research: You start the research project for your Master thesis in the first semester of your studies and it will last for the full time (at least three semesters) of your studies as the core part of the program. You agree on the details with the respective PI in whose group you are working on your thesis.
- 30 ECTS of coursework: Here the regulations of the program comprise the following restrictions:
Core elective modules
9 ECTS have to come from the core electives of the Master’s program in Chemistry (link)
12 ECTS have to come from special lectures in Chemistry (link) or related programs from UZH and ETH.
The individual choice of core electives and electives will depend on the student's education and the area of the Master’s research. The courses are arranged between the student and the supervisor of the thesis and require the approval of the head of the CMS program (Prof. B. Spingler).
These modules for the required 30 ECTS of course work are then fixed in the learning agreement (PDF, 18 KB) which is signed by the student, the responsible PI and the study advisor of the program and has to be submitted to the head of the CMS (Prof. Bernhard Spingler).
After finishing all courses and approval of your thesis by the responsible PI, you fix a date for the defense of your thesis and for the Master’s exam with your PI.
After having passed your defense and exam you should then hand in the following paperwork to the study coordination of the program (S. Stockhause)
- Signed learning agreement
- Cover page of your thesis
- Confirmation of Master’s thesis MDS 201 (link form (PDF, 16 KB))
As soon as these papers are handed in and all modules of your program are completed you con apply online for graduation under this link.